Select a country
from the list bellow
to start your tour
This research initiative is an attempt to rediscover the lost or neglected urban symbols which comprise a city's identity. We can treat cities as entities with collective intelligence and with the same analogy, we can recognize a system by which the urban space communicates with us.
The Urban Square is a nucleus of any neighbourhood, a city's 'heart and soul' and that is the focus and starting point of this project.
Our research is done from a specific vintage point, somewhere between art and science, which allows us to both decipher the urban language 'spoken' by the city and observe universal urban connections. The main body of the content is a collection of Urban Squares presented in a virtual reality format, personally compiled. Each includes a psychogeographical description of the space and is ultimately evaluated and classified.
Recently we introduced a NEW thematic way of "Meandering" Urban Squares. We have 3 groups now: Famous Squares, Renewed Squares and Squares With Park. Select your first choice here and follow the path.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
And if you'd like to explore further, you might also consider visiting other parts of Urban Squares website:
• Psychogeographical Portraits of selected neighbourhoods.
• Psychographs, individual urban sights usually unrecognized as significant.
• "13 City Galleries" exploratory tour of Beograd, Lisbon, Buenos Aires, Venezia, Barcelona, Paris, London, New York, Havana, Porto, San Francisco, Rotterdam and Toronto, with 30 photos from each.
• Urban Squares Photo Blog, a visual ode to urban spaces.
• Buenos Aires Street Art,
• Psychogeography now – window to the urban future,
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
We would appreciate very much any comments, suggestions, questions or anything else you have to say about this website. Please do not hesitate: email@example.com.